Hi, While testing with -Wformat=2, I encountered the following behaviour: Please see the attached simple C file (tested on gcc 11.2.0/gcc 13.2.1), both give the same warning (clang (17.0.6/gives no warning, although I am not really sure they have the same effect with the flags). It gives the following error when compiling with "gcc -c -Wformat=2 fmt-test.c" fmt-test.c:9:9: warning: format not a string literal, argument types not checked [-Wformat-nonliteral] The strange thing is that, when the fmt_str is defined as "const char fmt_str[]", no warning is given, while defined it as "const char *fmt_str" or "const char *const fmt_str", warning is given. Most of the time, I would prefer fmt_str to be "const char *" or "const char *const" to ensure it is not mutable. From my view, the compiler should either give no warning (I would prefer this) or give warning for all cases. -- Qun-Ying