* [GSoC] TySan
@ 2019-04-03 20:56 Youssef Mohamed
From: Youssef Mohamed @ 2019-04-03 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I hope you are healthy and all well

I was applying to GCC GSoC and I want to implement TySan in GCC

I am very fluent with C (although i prefer lisp/scheme , but i used C way
much more)
I am good at C++  , Python and Java
bash scripting and I know fair enough about GCC (using it ,about internals
;actually GCC internals are really the hugest so i would be lying if i said
i know all of it, but i know fair enough)

just btw i wanted to know if it was okay t read how TySan was implemented
in LLVM (would there be any legal problem ?!)

Thanks in advance for your time
Looking forward to do something great with you
My Best Wishes

* Re: [GSoC] TySan
@ 2019-04-04 16:48 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2019-04-04 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Youssef Mohamed, gcc

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 03 2019, Youssef Mohamed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope you are healthy and all well
3>
> I was applying to GCC GSoC and I want to implement TySan in GCC

we are very happy to hear that you find contributing to GCC
interesting.  Unfortunately, I am quite confident that I will not be
able to find you a mentor for a TypeSanitizer project this year.

Please consider looking into other projects.

I'm sorry I don't have better news.

Martin

> I am very fluent with C (although i prefer lisp/scheme , but i used C way
> much more)
> I am good at C++  , Python and Java
> bash scripting and I know fair enough about GCC (using it ,about internals
> ;actually GCC internals are really the hugest so i would be lying if i said
> i know all of it, but i know fair enough)
>
> just btw i wanted to know if it was okay t read how TySan was implemented
> in LLVM (would there be any legal problem ?!)
>
> Thanks in advance for your time
> Looking forward to do something great with you
> My Best Wishes

* [ GSoC ] TySan
@ 2019-04-03 20:57 Youssef Mohamed