* GSoC 2021 - Bridging the gap between rustc and gccrs
@ 2021-04-07 13:13 Arthur Cohen
From: Arthur Cohen @ 2021-04-07 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce that I will be applying for the Google Summer
of Code in order to work under the Rust-GCC organization.

I am a french systems programming and embedded systems programming student,
and love to work on anything related to the compilation or interpretation
of programming languages.

I would love for gccrs to become a solid alternative to rustc. I believe
that multiple compilers are a necessity for the language to grow and to be
available on more platforms. For that, I believe that it is important for
gccrs to be usable with Rust's build system, cargo. The subject of my GSoC
would therefore be to help make gccrs available under cargo, and make it
available for the compilation of small Rust projects.

With the help of Philip Herron, I have established the following proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oUcpU-kGntdQ6FLfSVPP8co3TDJgcdEK2FmvdinlaNc/edit

Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions and I'll do my best to apply
them.

Kind regards,

Arthur Cohen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-07 13:18 UTC | newest]