From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>
To: GCC Development <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>, Tae Wong <seotaewong40@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:54:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 9:10 PM, Christopher Faylor
<cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@gnu.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 08:40:07PM +0900, Tae Wong wrote:
>>You want to send a mail to python-dev at python dot org.
>>
>>The spam still exists in gcc-bugs mailing list:
>>
>>There's no reason that the gcc-bugs mailing list can post bug reports directly.
>>
>>Please delete spam messages from gcc-bugs.
>
> These messages are, AFAIK, pointless.  I'm not aware of anyone working
> as a spam removal service.  I am one of the admins for gcc.gnu.org and I
> sure as @#$* am not paid enough to do this.  I do spend a lot of my time
> trying to make sure that spam doesn't get through and that's the limit
> of what I'm willing to do.
>
> I'd think that a lot of this thread (especially the launchpad part)
> is off-topic for this mailing list.

As Jonathan Wakely suggested, I think that "Tae Wong" is a spammer,
and is adding links to these messages in hopes of boosting their
ranking numbers.  Either that, or he or she is trying to remove these
links because they are now detected as spam and are decreasing the
ranking of the web pages they mention.

Ian