Dear all, The functions encode_ieee_single()/encode_ieee_double() encode the GCC internal representation (i.e., REAL_VALUE_TYPE) to the corresponding IEEE single precision/double precision formats. The constant values in a program (i.e., float a = 3.14;) will be parsed and then transferred to GCC REAL_VALUE_TYPE. Later, the REAL_VALUE_TYPE is encoded to IEEE single/double formats. However, I do not know why we need decode_ieee_single()/decode_ieee_double()? Which situations or C code fragments are these decode_ieee_xxx functions used in? Thank you for your help. Peng-Sheng