Thanks, I'll check them out. On Wed, 24 Jan, 2024, 03:52 Martin Jambor, wrote: > Hello, > > We are delighted you found contributing to GCC interesting. GCC has > applied to be part of GSoC 2024 but of course selected organizations > have not been announced yet. > > On Fri, Jan 12 2024, Gaurang Aswal via Gcc wrote: > > Hey I am Gaurang Aswal a 4th year B.E. Computer Science student from BITS > > Goa, India and wanted some info and insights on the Fortran projects and > I > > am interested in working on them. > > While the list of suggested projects at > https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode is undergoing review for 2024, I > think the Fortran ones will not change much. Please look over them, try > to figure out what they would entail and which you'd like best. In this > reply I have also CCed the Fortran mailing list, people there might help > you decide which Fortan project would be the best for you. > > > > I have basic knowledge of C/C++ and I > > have completed my basic computer science courses in the same language, > > which included Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures and > Algorithms, > > Computer Architecture and Operating Systems. I would like to keep in > touch > > and want to know how to proceed working on the topics. > > Contributing to the compiler also requires some rudimentary theoretical > background in compilers, at the very least understanding of the concept > of Intermediate Representation (IR), often also called Intermediate > Language (IL). Googling either of the two terms should help you to find > a lot of material to familiarize yourself with it. > > Please also look again at the "Before you apply" section of the idea > page https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#Before_you_apply and make > sure you are able to build, install and test GCC and then have it > generate dumps and step through some function during compilation. > > Also, feel free to ask for help here with any specific GCC development > issues you may encounter. > > Good luck, > > Martin >