* GSoC 2021
@ 2021-03-20  4:36 Mahmoud Shawky
From: Mahmoud Shawky @ 2021-03-20  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello there
I have chosen the project that i want to develop , and i don't know what is
the next step , is it okay to communicate with the project mentor in
linkedin or how can i communicate with him .
That's my first time here
Thanks in advance

* Re: GSoC 2021
@ 2021-03-23 17:42 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2021-03-23 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahmoud Shawky; +Cc: gcc

Hello,

On Sat, Mar 20 2021, Mahmoud Shawky via Gcc wrote:
> Hello there
> I have chosen the project that i want to develop , and i don't know what is
> the next step ,

we are delighted that you found contributing to GCC interesting.  The
next step usually is to discuss your project here on the mailing list.
Often the community can help students come up with better scoped and
focused proposals.  So I would suggest you briefly introduce your
intended project here on the mailing list.

> is it okay to communicate with the project mentor in
> linkedin or how can i communicate with him .

That depends on the particular mentor, I cannot speak on behalf of all
of them.  But I think most would prefer a discussion over email, and
ideally on the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list.

Good luck,

Martin

* GSoC 2021
@ 2021-03-29 14:58 Dmitry Torilov
From: Dmitry Torilov @ 2021-03-29 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Greetings,

I saw a task on your site for GSoC called <<Enable incremental Link Time
Optimization (LTO) linking>>. I am very interested in it, and I would
like to know if it is possible to do it this summer. I have experience
in C/C++ development as well as experience in related fields. I know how
to compile GCC, and I have a top-level understanding of how LTO works.
Unfortunately, I've never written compilers yet, but I've had experience
in developing a LISP interpreter, and I've also watched a lot of
conference talks about compilers. I am sending a link to my CV. I hope
that you will be interested in it. Can I ask you to tell me about the
further screening process for GSoC?

https://gitlab.com/torilov/cv/-/blob/master/eng.pdf

Thanks,
Dmitry Torilov