From: Mohamed Atef <mohamedatef1698@gmail.com>
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: Martin Jambor <mjambor@suse.cz>, jakub@redhat.com
Subject: GNU OMPD implementation
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 06:57:24 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello everyone,
    I need to remind you that we are working on implementation of OMPD, so
you don't make it open for GSoC this year.

our progress so far,
We are working on a GDB extension using python so we can provide OMPD with
callbacks.
Jakub said that we need GDB support, but the GDB community didn't reply to
us although we mailed them more than one time, so is it okay to build the
plugin and extend GDB with python for testing purposes ?

to enable OMPD the runtime must provide some routines like:
ompd_dll_locations_valid(void)
void ompd_bp_parallel_begin(void)
void ompd_bp_parallel_end(void)
void ompd_bp_task_begin(void)
void ompd_bp_task_end(void)
and define the variable const char **ompd_dll_locations.
so far so good , BUT OMPD can not access debug information at the runtime,
so it needs to access them. We will write some macros for that.
the macros will generate the sizes and offsets for the following structs:
gomp_team
gomp_task_icv

Should we generate all structs sizes?

Are we on the right path?