* AW: extension to -fdump-tree-*-raw
@ 2005-07-22 10:40 Ebke, Hans-Christian
From: Ebke, Hans-Christian @ 2005-07-22 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Giovanni Bajo'; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Hi Giovanni,
  I have to write this in Outlook, so I don't even try to get the quoting
right. Sorry. :-(

But it would break applications relying on the old format. Also it wouldn't
adress issues like this one:

@3      modify_expr      type: @5       op 0: @6       op 1: @7

Does "op" belong to the value of "type" or does it belong to the "0"? True,
this doesn't make parsing impossible but the parser needs to be really
specific to not fall into that trap. Having every "key-value pair" on a
separate line makes parsing much easier though it isn't quite as friendly to
the human reader anymore.

  Hans-Christian