From: Iain Sandoe <iain@sandoe.co.uk>
To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm@redhat.com>
Cc: GCC Development <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: [ping] Re: jit and cross-compilers (use and configuration).
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 17:11:11 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Dave,

Note: this does cause a build break for cross compilers with —enable-languages=all  (if the linkers for host and target have different command line options used in the build)

(it is not a serious break, one can exclude jit by manually listing all the other languages)

- nevertheless, it would be good to establish if there is a meaningful use-case for libgccjit in a cross-compiler, and if so fix the configuration - or (if no meaningful use-case) exclude it as per the patch.

thanks
Iain