* Is C++11 to be default for GCC 4.9?
@ 2014-01-24  9:26 Lars Hagström
From: Lars Hagström @ 2014-01-24  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I'm wondering whether GCC 4.9 will switch to -std=gnu++11 as default?

I did download and build 4.9 from git (through archlinux AUR) to see
if I could answer this myself, but I got slightly contradictory
results:

I got an error that implies that "auto" is not usable, which would
mean that C++11 is not enabled, but I also got a warning that implied
that gnu++11 is "enabled by default".

> error: ‘xdir’ does not name a type

> warning: non-static data member initializers only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default]

Or does the "enabled by default" bit mean something other than I think it means?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.
/Lars