* Ian Lance Taylor appointed "middle-end" maintainer
@ 2005-08-18 18:31 David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2005-08-18 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, ian

	I am pleased to announce that the GCC Steering Committee has
appointed Ian Lance Taylor to the role of "middle-end" maintainer,
joining Roger Sayle.  The role covers all files that may get included
into libbackend.a.

	Please join me in congratulating Ian on his new role.  Ian,
please update your entry in the MAINTAINERS file.

Happy Hacking!
David

* Ian Lance Taylor appointed "middle-end" maintainer
@ 2005-08-18 19:48 David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2005-08-18 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, ian

	I am pleased to announce that the GCC Steering Committee has
appointed Ian Lance Taylor to the role of "middle-end" maintainer,
joining Roger Sayle.  The role covers all files that may get included
into libbackend.a.

	Please join me in congratulating Ian on his new role.  Ian,
please update your entry in the MAINTAINERS file.

Happy Hacking!
David

* Re: Ian Lance Taylor appointed "middle-end" maintainer
@ 2005-08-18 18:39 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-08-18 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Edelsohn; +Cc: gcc

David Edelsohn <edelsohn@gnu.org> writes:

> 	I am pleased to announce that the GCC Steering Committee has
> appointed Ian Lance Taylor to the role of "middle-end" maintainer,
> joining Roger Sayle.  The role covers all files that may get included
> into libbackend.a.

My thanks to David and the steering committee for trusting me in this
role, which I will endeavor to execute to the best of my ability.

My first steps will be to restore the much-missed byte code generation
capability, and to begin the transition from the old tree data
structures to the new LISP based ones.

Ian

P.S. Just in case: yes, I'm kidding.