From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org>
To: Steven Bosscher <s.bosscher@student.tudelft.nl>
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bugzilla name mixup?
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 16:04:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 07:19  AM, Steven Bosscher wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I was looking at Bugzilla's "Edit users" option to see
> what it was, and I looked up my own login name (steven).
> I was surprised to find out that there is another
> "Steven Bosscher" user:  "steven@la-france.net".
> That is wrong, I don't have that email address...

Real name translation for people with actual gnats accounts was a bit
overbroad because of the mapping.
I would imagine anyone whose email address is "Steven@" without a real
name attached got your name.
:(
My bad.

> A Google search shows that "steven@la-france.net" is "Steven Lobbezoo"
>
> Any clue what went wrong here, and can you fix this?
I'll go through the records (since there were only a small number of
gnats accounts), and make sure only the gcc.gnu.org email address gets
your real name.

> Maybe I'm not the only one with this problem?

I would think not.

Sorry about that.
--Dan