* Website suggestion:  GCC installation
@ 2001-12-03 11:39 From Laura
From: From Laura @ 2001-12-03 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello GNU person, thank you for all the free software - what an awesome
thing.  I am new to all of this.  I went to install Apache and found out I
needed GCC.  Here is a suggestion on how to dumb-down the GCC installation
instructions.  On this page...

  http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html

... specifically in regards to this line:  "We use srcdir to refer to the
toplevel source directory for GCC; we use objdir to refer to the toplevel
build/object directory. "

... I am embarrassed to say that I do not know what you mean when you refer
to objdir and srcdir.  You may want to just define them such as:

"srcdir is the directory that gets created when..." or, "you can name srcdir
what ever you wish ..." or "srcdir is typically usr/local/xyz..."

I hope no one getting is on the ground roaring at this point but we all
gotta start somewhere!

Thanks for the feedback "button",

Laura

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-12-03 19:39 UTC | newest]