* standard files errors...
@ 2002-10-10 12:58 Nathan .
From: Nathan . @ 2002-10-10 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

hello all,

I'm trying to compile code using g++(2.96) on mandrake 8.1
The same code compiles fine on solaris 8 with g++ 2.95.3.

I'm getting errors to do with standard files.

1. file sys/systeminfo.h is missing on the mandrake 8.1 assuming that my
installation was correct(i checked the development env. while installing).
So I'd copy systeminfo.h from solaris over to Linux.
The compilation went fine from that point. But why is it missing that file
on Mandrake? or does it have a diff. name ? or do i expect some serious
probs by copying the solaris file onto linux.

2. Similarily time.h , dirent.h are files which diff from linux(mandrake) to
solaris. Some function calls had diff definiton altogether altough the
function name is same. why so?

Please advise
-Thanks
Nathan

* Re: standard files errors...
@ 2002-10-10 14:43 ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2002-10-10 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan .; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 06:56:08PM +0000, Nathan . wrote:
> I'm getting errors to do with standard files.
>
> 1. file sys/systeminfo.h is missing on the mandrake 8.1 assuming that my
[...]
> 2. Similarily time.h , dirent.h are files which diff from linux(mandrake) to

None of these are installed by the compiler; you have the wrong mailing list.

For Mandrake questions, you need to ask Mandrake.

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002