* Newest gcc memory leak on gdb (heads up, only)
@ 2002-05-29 15:59 Donn Terry
From: Donn Terry @ 2002-05-29 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb, gcc

Just in case someone else is also looking at this....

Sometime between 5/13 and yesterday (5/28) evening (4:30P Pacific), a
change was made to
either gdb or gcc such that attempting to compile gdb/p-typeprint.c
causes a bad memory leak (at least for me).  (After 30 seconds it was at
300M
and finally it grows enough to crash.)

I'm looking at this now to figure out what's going on.  If anyone else
is looking into this, please let me know.

Donn

* RE: Newest gcc memory leak on gdb (heads up, only)
@ 2002-05-29 23:31 Donn Terry
From: Donn Terry @ 2002-05-29 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb, gcc

This was on Interix (sorry not to include that).  I've submitted a bug
report.  Looks as if a goto in a switch is confusing the calculation of
register liveness in flow.c so it chases its tail (around line 1145).

(For the gdb types, it's the (only) goto in pascal_type_print_base.)

As a side note, this doesn't quite fit any of the bug categories, as
it never quite reports an ICE: I do get
"cc1: out of memory allocating 1048576 bytes after a total of 0 bytes"

(Interix explains the 0 reasonably, so don't worry about that.))

Donn