From: "Dave Korn" <dk@artimi.com>
To: "'gcc_mailing_list'" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: RE: optimization issue about -O2 and -Os
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:06:00 -0000	[thread overview]

  Use -fverbose-asm in conjunction with --save-temps to get a list of the
optimisations in effect at the top of each assembler code file.  Try it with
-Os and -O2, and note the differences between them.  You may be able to
narrow it down to a specific -f flag by starting with -O2 and introducing
the changes between that and -Os one at a time.

    cheers,
      DaveK