* HELP: GCC Passes and Files
@ 2004-05-10 15:18 perugupa
From: perugupa @ 2004-05-10 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi all,
   I have a question regarding the source code of gcc.Is there any way to
   find out details about the source files in gcc(3.2.3) ie. to find out
   which file contributes to which phase(PASS) of the compiler.The
   document(Passes and Files of the Compiler) available on net
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Passes.html#Passes

 mensioned a few files and their use but it is missing many files that are
 there in gcc subdirectory.may be that is too old.is there any new
 document like this.i have so many files that are missing. your help will
 be appreciated.thank you
best regards,
nath.

* HELP: GCC Passes and Files
@ 2004-06-01 17:05 perugupa
From: perugupa @ 2004-06-01 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
  I have mailed to this group before about this.thanx for all your help.I
  am trying to build an operational profile for gcc and trying to find out
  the reliability of the components of gcc.I am considering component as
  'the group of source files that contribute to a particular pass of the
  compiler' like they mentioned in

http://www.dis.com/gnu/gcc/Passes.html

but this document is missing many files that are there in gcc.i looked
into the code and figured out the problem to some extent.but i am unable
to find out to which pass the following files belong

builtins.c
collect2.c
cfgbuild.c
enquire.c
diagnostic.c
timevar.c
sbitmap.c
intl.c
linemap.c
mkdeps.c
params.c
prefix.c

and there are some files which i think will go to the same pass but unable
to assiggn them to any component.
hash.c
hastab.c
hashtable.c
ggc-common.c
ggc-none.c
ggc-page.c

i will be glad if anyone can help me with this.thank you in advance

best regards
nath.