* GCC: structure typedef compilation error
@ 2004-03-26 16:12 Aniket S Joshi
From: Aniket S Joshi @ 2004-03-26 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi All,

pls find description of problem below

File1.h
typedef struct Modules_Prescence
{
  uint16 Mccb1_Present;
  uint16 Mccb2_Present;
  uint16 Mccb3_Present;
  uint16 Mccb4_Present;
  uint16 Io_Mccb1_Present;
  uint16 Io_Mccb2_Present;
  uint16 Io_Mccb3_Present;
  uint16 Io_Mccb4_Present;
  uint16 Voltage_Power_Module_Present;
}MODULES;

typedef struct Database_Display
{
  SERIAL_DISPLAY Settings_Display;
  SERIAL_POWER Settings_Power;
  SERIAL_VOLTAGE Settings_Voltage;
  SERIAL_MCCB Settings_Mccb_Display;
  SYSTEM_IOMOD Settings_IoModule_Display[4];
  MODULES Modules_Present;
  CALENDER Settings_RTC;
  uint16 ProgDone;
  ALARM_MCCB Alarm_Status ;
  TRIP_MCCB Trip_Status ;
}DATABASE_DISPLAY;

file2.c
#include "file1.h"
DATABASE_DISPLAY Database_DISPLAY;
// code start
:
:
 if(Database_DISPLAY.Modules_Present.Mccb2_Present==1)
{

}
:

After compiling file2. c
i am getting following errors like

file2.c:10: error: request for member 'Module_Present' in something not a structure or union

pls help me solve this problem

Thanks in advance

Aniket

* RE: structure typedef compilation error
@ 2004-03-26 16:38 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2004-03-26 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

  You're also getting about a million other errors you didn't mention,
because you haven't defined uint16, SERIAL_DISPLAY, SERIAL_POWER, or any of
those other structures you're using.  This is a case of PEBKAC: the problem
is that you forgot to finish writing your program before you tried to
compile it.

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: GCC: structure typedef compilation error
@ 2004-03-30  9:39 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2004-03-30  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aniket S Joshi; +Cc: gcc

Aniket S Joshi wrote:
> file2.c:10: error: request for member 'Module_Present' in something not a structure or union

See http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html for info on how to submit bug reports.
   In particular, we need a complete testcase that we can compile.  Your
example code can't be compiled.  This is unlikely to be a gcc problem
though, more likely a problem in your code.

Note also that "Module_Present" and "Modules_Present" are not the same
thing, so your reported error message doesn't match the code sample.