* Optimizations of functions
@ 2000-07-05 15:34 Rob Emanuele
From: Rob Emanuele @ 2000-07-05 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gcc

I compiling C++ code on an SGI using GCC and I'm trying to
make a debug build with no optimizations.  The code base is
quite large so I'm trying to use as few source files as
possible.

If I specify the -O2 optimize option things compile OK but
are hard to debug.  If I do use not optimizations or
use -O1, I have linking problems that result in messages
like these:

ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol
"hsQuat::Read(hsStream *)" -- 1st referenced by
hsKeys.dbg.o.
	Use linker option -v to see when and which objects,
archives and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol
"hsQuat::Write(hsStream *)" -- 1st referenced by
hsKeys.dbg.o.
	Use linker option -v to see when and which objects,
archives and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "decomp_affine(float
const (*)[3], gemAffineParts *)" -- 1st referenced by
hsKeys.dbg.o.
	Use linker option -v to see when and which objects,
archives and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol
"hsAffineParts::Read(hsStream *)" -- 1st referenced by
hsKeys.dbg.o.
	Use linker option -v to see when and which objects,
archives and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol
"hsAffineParts::Write(hsStream *)" -- 1st referenced by
hsKeys.dbg.o.
	Use linker option -v to see when and which objects,
archives and dsos are loaded.

Does anyone know what single optimization I can turn on to
optimize these out?  I'm pretty sure that none of these
functions are actually used.  At worst does anyone know what
optimizations differ between O1 and O2?

Thanks,

Rob

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-07-05 15:34 UTC | newest]