* untarring gcc-g++-3.4.4.tar.gz / bz2
@ 2005-08-08 11:33 michael.hobbs
From: michael.hobbs @ 2005-08-08 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi All,

Don't know if you can help, but every time I untar the gcc-g++-3.4.4.tar
package (after bunzipping or gunzipping it) I get the following error:

x gcc-3.4.4
/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/27_io/basic_istream/extractors_arithmetic/char/11.cc,
 2022 bytes, 4 tape blocks
x gcc-3.4.4
/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/27_io/basic_istream/extractors_arithmetic/char/12.cc,
 2756 bytes, 6 tape blocks
x gcc-3.4.4
/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/27_io/basic_istream/extractors_arithmetic/char/13.cc,
 2316 bytes, 5 tape blocks
tar: directory checksum error

I get this error if I use the individual package (gcc-g++-3.4.4.tar) or the
entire package (gcc-3.4.4.tar.gz). It's always at the same point, and also
occurs regardless of the compression (bz2 or gzip)

I am downloading from the ftp mirror, mirror.ac.uk, and the md5 checksum on
the packages matches. I'm using Solaris 9 (SunOS5.9) on an ultrasparc.

Is the package actually broken? or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Mike

==============
Michael Hobbs
ANM Technical
Ext. 8965
==============

Associated New Media & Loot Ltd.

http://www.loot.com
http://www.anm.co.uk
http://www.dailymail.co.uk
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk
http://www.thisismoney.com
http://www.thisistravel.co.uk
http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk
http://www.jobsite.co.uk
http://www.londonjobs.co.uk
http://www.cityjobs.co.uk
http://www.ukplus.co.uk
http://www.metro.co.uk

Part of Associated Newspapers Ltd.

This e-mail and any attached files are intended for the named addressee
only. It contains information which may be confidential and legally
privileged and also protected by copyright. Unless you are the named
addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or
use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please
notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your system. Please
be advised that the views and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not
reflect the views and opinions of Associated Newspapers Limited or any of
its subsidiary companies. We make every effort to keep our network free
from viruses. However, you do need to check  this e-mail and any
attachments to it for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any
computer virus which may be transferred by way of this e-mail. Use of this
or any other e-mail facility signifies consent to any interception we might
lawfully carry out to prevent abuse of these facilities.

* Re: untarring gcc-g++-3.4.4.tar.gz / bz2
@ 2005-08-08 11:57 michael.hobbs
From: michael.hobbs @ 2005-08-08 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Sorry for bothering you all, this is sorted - My version of tar was too
old.  :o)

Thanks!
Mike