* Steering Comittee Standards/Roles....
@ 2002-10-20 20:00 Ed Vesper
From: Ed Vesper @ 2002-10-20 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu, gcc

Hello

I work in the IT group at Zurich Insurance Company and I am involved in a
multi-year project that encompasses many IT gorups, Business Units and
Service Units.

"The GCC steering committee was founded in 1998 with the intent of
preventing any particular individual, group or organization from getting
control over the project. Its primary purpose is to make major decisions in
the best interests of the GCC project and to ensure that the project
adheres to its fundamental principles found in the project's mission
statement."

Your GCC steering committee reason for being founded matches a critical
need for me.  I was hoping that you might be able to share with me how you
developed the committee.  Standards/rules/practices  and roles and
responsibilities, prioritization/problem solving guidelines, etc.

Our project is in the very early stages of development and has a series of
deployment dates.  Two deliverables have been completed but there have been
significant quality issues and they have been caused because of individuals
and groups taking control over the project.  This has been recogized and we
want to activate a committee such as yours.

Again, thanks for any information you can share with me or other sites you
can refer me too.

Ed

This E-Mail/telefax message and any documents accompanying this
transmission may contain privileged and/or confidential information and is
intended solely for the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the
intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of,
disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of this
E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may result in legal
action against you. Please reply to the sender advising of the error in
transmission and immediately delete/destroy the message and any
accompanying documents.  Thank you.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-20 16:19 UTC | newest]