Nathan Sidwell wrote on 26/11/2004 13:02:23: > The following sms parameters exist. > > max-sms-loop-number > sms-max-ii-factor > sms-dfa-history > sms-loop-average-count-threshold > > None of these are documented in invoke.texi. I have attached a patch for this. > > The first one is odd, as its help string says, > "Maximum number of loops to perform swing modulo scheduling on \ > (mainly for debugging)" > and its implementation is via a static counter that counts bbs in a *program* > > static int passes = 0; > ... > FOR_EACH_BB (bb) > ... > /* For debugging. */ > if ((passes++ > MAX_SMS_LOOP_NUMBER) && (MAX_SMS_LOOP_NUMBER != -1)) > > it doesn't look like a particularly sensible thing to expose. You are correct, this is used for debugging usually by gcc developers, I use it intensively in debugging and tuning SMS. How can we hide this parameter from the GCC users and keep it for the developers? In the meanwhile I didn't add documentation for this parameter to invoke.texi > If it must be exposed, it should probably be called 'sms-max-loop-number'. > Notice the fence-post error there, we'll actually schedule 1 more > than MAX_SMS_LOOP_NUMBER. Agree. Mostafa. (See attached file: sms_params_doc.patch)