* Induction Variable
@ 2005-05-28 12:11 Rajkishore Barik
From: Rajkishore Barik @ 2005-05-28 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
Can someone tell me how to obtain the following:

1) Given a rtx, find out if it is an induction variable.
2) For an induction variable, find all the loop nest
3) For each loopnest, find the corresponding upper and lower bounds
(compile-time)
4) For an induction variables, find the increment/decrement value

I tried using the "iv_analysis_init(loop)", "iv_analyze()" and
"iv_iv_analysis_done()". However,
since I am calling these functions later in the stage (just before
register allocation), they give me
ICE. Any clue?

Aliasing:
5) Given two mem-rtx "a" and "b" find if they alias to each other. Assume
that "a" and "b"
represent programmer defined arrays which are never assigned directly. I
looked at the code
of alias.c, but the interfaces are not clear to me as to how they should
be used to get what I want.

regards,
Raj

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-05-28  6:42 UTC | newest]