* Testsuite docs and dejagnu
@ 2000-03-23 12:51  J S  Hammond
From:  J S  Hammond @ 2000-03-23 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: pcg

I recently had a question about how to use
the testsuite.  I was told that I needed to
use dejagnu to run them.  Dejagnu is not
mentioned in the testsuite mini-FAQ or
in gcc/testsuite/README.gcc (although it is
explained in gcc/testsuite/README.g++).  My
suggestion is to add this information to
mentioned places where it doesn't exist.
Hopefully this will prevent other novices
from being confused like I was.

Once I found out I needed dejagnu I tried
to build it.  I built tcl first.  When I
tried to configure dejagnu I got the following
error message,
"checking Tcl version... fatal error: could
not find major or minor version number of Tcl"

I am using an NT box with cygwin32.  Since my
shell scripting skills aren't up to the task,
I was hoping someone had a suggestion on
what I need to do to get dejagnu to build.

Thanks,
Jeff

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-03-23 12:51 UTC | newest]