* Re: 3.3.1f report
       [not found] <m0y86kI-00058gC@ocean.lucon.org>
@ 1998-02-26 18:55 ` Marc Aurele La France
From: Marc Aurele La France @ 1998-02-26 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devel

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, H.J. Lu wrote:

> egcs 1.0.1 doesn't like

> static short x [20];
>
> short
> foo ()
> {
> extern short x [];
>   return x[2];
> }

> when -ansi -pedantic is used. It will flag it as an error. It says

> x.c: In function `foo':
> x.c:6: array size missing in `x'

> It is in xc/programs/Xserver/PEX5/dipex/swap/check.c

> # grep lastfp xc/programs/Xserver/PEX5/dipex/swap/check.c | grep INT
> static INT16 lastfp[MAXCLIENTS];
> extern INT16 lastfp[];
> extern INT16 lastfp[];

> Can someone tell me why this?

From what I've read in newsgroups, this is a known bug in early egcs's (such
as 1.0.1) and in gcc 2.8.0.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-403-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-403-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  tsi@ualberta.ca          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |

H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-02-26 18:55 UTC | newest]