* Updates to ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/
@ 2001-01-17  7:49 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-01-17  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

How about the following changes to that directory?

 o Remove "README". It's obsolete.

 o Remove "bzip2-1.0.1.tar.gz". bzip2 should be sufficiently distributed
   by now, and in fact the official bzip2 site is on the same physical box
   as gcc.gnu.org anyway!

 o Remove "dejagnu-19981026.tar.gz". Not sufficient for our testsuite.

 o Probably also remove "gperf-2.7-19981006.pat"?

Also libg++ probably should move out of intrastructure, is it isn't infra-
structure for GCC.

Unless I hear otherwise, I plan to remove the first three files in about
a week or so.

Feedback on the gperf patch and libg++ would be highly appreciated!

Gerald

* Re: Updates to ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/
@ 2001-01-22 17:41 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2001-01-22 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gcc

  In message < Pine.BSF.4.31.0101171641140.8922-100000@taygeta.dbai.tuwien.ac.at
>you write:
  > How about the following changes to that directory?
  >
  >  o Remove "README". It's obsolete.
Instead, remove the stuff that is obsolete and add new stuff.  For example
a pointer to the bzip site :-)

  >  o Probably also remove "gperf-2.7-19981006.pat"?
Has there been a gperf release made with the changes that are in that
patch?  If so, a pointer to it in the README would probably be good.

  > Also libg++ probably should move out of intrastructure, is it isn't infra-
  > structure for GCC.
Similarly, is there somewhere else to get libg++ these days?  If so, a
pointer in the README should be added since folks are used to getting it
from gcc.gnu.org.

jeff

* Re: Updates to ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/
@ 2001-01-31 16:14   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-01-31 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey A Law; +Cc: gcc, Kaveh R. Ghazi

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
>>  o Remove "README". It's obsolete.
> Instead, remove the stuff that is obsolete and add new stuff.  For
> example a pointer to the bzip site :-)

Good idea, though I added that pointer directly to
  ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/index.html
as it is (much) more likely that folks will check there, than in
infrastructure, right? :-)

>>  o Probably also remove "gperf-2.7-19981006.pat"?
> Has there been a gperf release made with the changes that are in that
> patch?  If so, a pointer to it in the README would probably be good.

Kaveh? It seems that this gperf patch is yours. What's the state there?
Can we remove the patch? Should we update some documentation somewhere
due to the latest gperf release?

@ 2001-02-01  8:28 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2001-02-01  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. Ghazi; +Cc: pfeifer, gcc

  In message < 200102011530.KAA11621@caip.rutgers.edu >you write:
  >  > From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
  > IIRC, the latest gperf-2.7.2 contains my patch, so it should be okay
  > to remove the patch and point people at that new version.
OK.  So the README in our infrastructure directory should note that the
patch is no longer needed if one uses gperf-2.7.2.

Thanks for the update,
jeff

* Re: Updates to ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/
@ 2001-02-01  7:31 Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 2001-02-01  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law, pfeifer; +Cc: gcc

 > From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
 >
 > >>  o Probably also remove "gperf-2.7-19981006.pat"?
 > > Has there been a gperf release made with the changes that are in that
 > > patch?  If so, a pointer to it in the README would probably be good.
 >
 > Kaveh? It seems that this gperf patch is yours. What's the state
 > there?  Can we remove the patch? Should we update some
 > documentation somewhere due to the latest gperf release?

IIRC, the latest gperf-2.7.2 contains my patch, so it should be okay
to remove the patch and point people at that new version.

I haven't actually tried it though to see if some *other* change since
2.7.0 broke something...

--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Internet Solutions