* submitting Debian gcc bug reports to gnats (fwd)
@ 2001-06-07  2:00 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-06-07  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Matthias Klose

Matthias sent me the following (with express permission to forward this
to the list) in case I consider it relevant.

> The Debian project has its "own" bug database and collects bugs at
> http://bugs.debian.org/ . Most gcc related bugs can be found at:
>
>	http://bugs.debian.org/gcc@packages.debian.org
>	http://bugs.debian.org/debian-gcc@lists.debian.org
>
> Usually reports were submitted to gcc-bugs@bugs.debian.org, but that's
> not the preferred way anmore, so last weekened I tried to submit bug
> reports. which are not debian specific, to the gcc gnats bug
> system. However before beginning, I want to ask/clarify some things.
>
> - Is it possible to identify all reports, that are forwarded from the
>  Debian BTS?. I.e. use a field like 'Submitter-Id:  net-debian'
>
> - Should the 'Originator' be the original bug submitter, or the
>  Debian BTS? I assume it needs to be a valid email address.
>
> - Additional information can be sent to Debian reports using an email
>  address <number>@bugs.debian.org. If a report is forwarded to the
>  gcc gnats, it would be convenient to get additional information sent
>  to gnats forwarded to the Debian BTS as well. Is it possible to
>  register this address as an interested party in the gcc gnats?

I don't know how we could handle the Submitter-Id issue, but the
originator field seems to be similiar to the Sender field in e-mail,
so I'd ouse the address of the Debian BTS there.

If you send the PR from the <number>@bugs.debian.org adddress, responses
will automatically go there as well, and from there the original submitter
will be kept up-to-date, won't she?

That sounds like a useful scenario to me, as far as I understand the
situation.

Gerald

* Re: submitting Debian gcc bug reports to gnats (fwd)
@ 2001-06-07  2:09 ` Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2001-06-07  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gcc, Matthias Klose

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> > - Additional information can be sent to Debian reports using an email
> >  address <number>@bugs.debian.org. If a report is forwarded to the
> >  gcc gnats, it would be convenient to get additional information sent
> >  to gnats forwarded to the Debian BTS as well. Is it possible to
> >  register this address as an interested party in the gcc gnats?

> If you send the PR from the <number>@bugs.debian.org adddress, responses
> will automatically go there as well, and from there the original submitter
> will be kept up-to-date, won't she?

Is it possible to avoid messages from the Debian BTS entering GNATS as
category "pending" PRs?  (See PRs 2961, 2964, 2965 and 2966.  Note that to
search for "pending" PRs in GNATSweb you'll need to use a regexp search in
advanced query.)  You probably need to get the Debian BTS to include the
subject of the message it receives (and so the GCC GNATS number, in
whatever form GNATS recognises) in the "Info received and FILED only"
messages.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk

* Re: submitting Debian gcc bug reports to gnats (fwd)
@ 2001-06-07  4:52   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-06-07  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph S. Myers; +Cc: gcc, Matthias Klose

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> Note that to search for "pending" PRs in GNATSweb you'll need to use a
> regexp search in advanced query.)

Note that this stopped being true ten minutes ago, with the gnatsweb
update I installed back then. :-)

You now can easily query for "pending" PRs.

@ 2001-06-07  4:57     ` Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2001-06-07  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gcc, Matthias Klose

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > Note that to search for "pending" PRs in GNATSweb you'll need to use a
> > regexp search in advanced query.)
>
> Note that this stopped being true ten minutes ago, with the gnatsweb
> update I installed back then. :-)
>
> You now can easily query for "pending" PRs.

 ... but the bug that you need to use a regexp to search for "c" PRs is
still present.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk

* Re: submitting Debian gcc bug reports to gnats (fwd)
@ 2001-06-07  9:32     ` Albert Chin-A-Young
From: Albert Chin-A-Young @ 2001-06-07  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 01:51:41PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > Note that to search for "pending" PRs in GNATSweb you'll need to use a
> > regexp search in advanced query.)
>
> Note that this stopped being true ten minutes ago, with the gnatsweb
> update I installed back then. :-)

And how do we submit bugs now? I was using gnatsweb yesterday,
probably minutes before you switched, and was able to login as
guest/guest to submit a bug. I need to submit one more bug.

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)

* Re: submitting Debian gcc bug reports to gnats (fwd)
@ 2001-06-07 11:38       ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-06-07 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Albert Chin-A-Young wrote:
>>> Note that to search for "pending" PRs in GNATSweb you'll need to use a
>>> regexp search in advanced query.)
>> Note that this stopped being true ten minutes ago, with the gnatsweb
>> update I installed back then. :-)
> And how do we submit bugs now?

What I wrote above was just an improvement, that is, one is now able to
serach for pending bugs.

> I was using gnatsweb yesterday, probably minutes before you switched,
> and was able to login as guest/guest to submit a bug. I need to submit
> one more bug.

I just tried, both with Netscape 4.77 and Konqueror from KDE 2.1.2 and
had no problems logging in as guest/guest with both; lynx seems to be
broken to what we believe to be a bug in lynx, not gnatsweb.

If it doesn't work for you, please submit more details.

@ 2001-06-08  0:52         ` Albert Chin-A-Young
From: Albert Chin-A-Young @ 2001-06-08  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 08:38:48PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> >> Note that this stopped being true ten minutes ago, with the gnatsweb
> >> update I installed back then. :-)
> > And how do we submit bugs now?
>
> What I wrote above was just an improvement, that is, one is now able to
> serach for pending bugs.
>
> > I was using gnatsweb yesterday, probably minutes before you switched,
> > and was able to login as guest/guest to submit a bug. I need to submit
> > one more bug.
>
> I just tried, both with Netscape 4.77 and Konqueror from KDE 2.1.2 and
> had no problems logging in as guest/guest with both; lynx seems to be
> broken to what we believe to be a bug in lynx, not gnatsweb.
>
> If it doesn't work for you, please submit more details.

I disabled use of the proxy and it worked. I haven't investigated
further.

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)