* [iimura@microunity.com: GNU documentation format]
@ 2001-09-27 10:23 GNU General Contact Address
From: GNU General Contact Address @ 2001-09-27 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I received this today (er, yesterday) and don't know what to tell
them.  Do you?

----- Forwarded message from Wally Iimura <iimura@microunity.com> -----

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:05:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Wally Iimura <iimura@microunity.com>
To: <gnu@gnu.org>
Subject: GNU documentation format

MicroUnity Systems Engineering is porting the GNU tool chain to work with
a new microprocessor that we are designing.  We support open source and
will make our port of the GNU software freely available when the product
gets announced and we have customers.  We want to write our documentation
to be consistent with the GNU documentation.  I see that the texinfo
source is downloadable for many manuals but not the gcc manual.  Is this a
conscious decision to not make available the texinfo source for the gcc
manual?  We like the fact that the gas manual has specific sections
devoted to each supported microprocessor.

---

Wally Iimura, iimura@microunity.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Orion Montoya, FSF Office Staff
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942

* Re: [iimura@microunity.com: GNU documentation format]
@ 2001-09-27 10:37 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-09-27 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU General Contact Address; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, GNU General Contact Address wrote:
> I received this today (er, yesterday) and don't know what to tell
> them.  Do you?

The GCC manual(s) are available in texinfo format as part of the GCC
CVS repository in the gcc/doc subdirectory of the gcc module, and thus
as part of GCC snapshots and releases as well.

Information on how to obtain GCC is available at
  http://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html
and
  http://gcc.gnu.org/snapshots.html

Gerald