* GCC 3.0.4  GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-01-21  1:24 Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2002-01-21  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

GCC 3.0.4 is scheduled for release on Feb 15th, 2002.

The branch will freeze as of Feb 1st, 2002.  After that point, all
code patches will need to be approved by me.  Until then, the normal
process applies.

The issues that have been brought to my attention are attached
below, in no particular order.  If you have time to address any of
these issues, please do so; these are our users speaking to us about
what they see as the most important regressions.

If you think you raised some other issue with me, one of us is wrong
:-) and in any case you need to raise it again.

Please indicate particular bugs that you would like to see fixed, by
GNATS PR number, and indicate that you explicitly know that these are
regressions from a previous GCC release.

Your RM,

Erik Schnetter <schnetter@uni-tuebingen.de>

  PR3571 -- CPP on Fortran code in -traditional.

  Fixed on mainline, exists in GCC 3.0.3.

"Richard B. Kreckel" <kreckel@ginac.de>

  Rainer Orth's patch on Mon Jul 16 2001 broke CLN on Tru64.

  I requested filing of a PR.

Bob Wilson <bwilson@tensilica.com>

  Would like Xtensa port in GCC 3.0.4.

Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com>

  PR5410 -- i?86-*-netbsdelf* is not supported on the branch, but
  works on the mainline.

  Panix is testing the patch associated with that PR.

Don Lindsay <lindsayd@cisco.com>

  PR5198
  PR5143

  There are build failures in cross compilers to AMR and m68k.

"Bradley D. LaRonde" <brad@ltc.com>

  3.0.3 "introduced the -mtune brokenness"

  I requested filling of a PR.