* problem building Mondays snapshot on solaris 2.8 system
@ 2002-04-16 18:54 George.R.Goffe
From: George.R.Goffe @ 2002-04-16 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Howdy,

I am having a problem building the snapshot on my solaris 2.8 system.
Enclosed is the complete build log (gzip'd of course).

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I should proceed? This snapshot does
build on my solaris 2.9 platform (UE 3000) AND can build itself as well
without problems.

Regards,

George...

(See attached file: bld1.log.gz)

[-- Attachment #2: bld1.log.gz --]

* Re: problem building Mondays snapshot on solaris 2.8 system
@ 2002-04-17  1:48 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2002-04-17  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George.R.Goffe; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 George.R.Goffe@seagate.com wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas as to how I should proceed? This snapshot does
> build on my solaris 2.9 platform (UE 3000) AND can build itself as well
> without problems.

There have been several changes to this port in the last couple of days;
I'd suggest to try a current CVS version of the 3.1 release branch and
see whether this works for you.

(In general, it's almost always better to use CVS instead of snapshots
when possible, as in case of problems you simple can do another
contrib/gcc_update one or two days later.)

Gerald