* I mix the compilers in my computer
@ 2003-01-17 10:26 Jose Sanchez
From: Jose Sanchez @ 2003-01-17 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi, I have a SUSE Box 8.1 that comes with the gcc 3.2.  But I needed to
compile RTAI which works only with gcc 2.95.3.  I installed this version
of gcc and now I have all mix up.  How could I uninstall gcc 2.95.3, and
reinstall my gcc 3.2?

Is there any possibility of having the two compilers and use the
necessary one when desired?

Thanks

Jose
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

* Re: I mix the compilers in my computer
@ 2003-01-17 15:32 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2003-01-17 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Sanchez; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Jose Sanchez wrote:
> Hi, I have a SUSE Box 8.1 that comes with the gcc 3.2.  But I needed to
> compile RTAI which works only with gcc 2.95.3.  I installed this version
> of gcc and now I have all mix up.  How could I uninstall gcc 2.95.3, and
> reinstall my gcc 3.2?

It seems you instealled GCC 2.95 in the same location as GCC 3.2.  This
is definitely a bad idea; multiple versions of GCC should be installed in
separate directories/under separate prefixes.

To fix the problem, reinstall GCC 3.2 from your original media and install
2.95 in a different directory.

(Note that this mailing list is for the development of GCC, not this kind
of user support.  Also it seems you have not read our installation docs,
which describe these issues?)

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/