* Error messages explanations?
@ 2001-01-22 16:33 Rodrigo de Salvo Braz
From: Rodrigo de Salvo Braz @ 2001-01-22 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

Does anybody know where I can find gcc's error messages explanations?

Thanks, Rodrigo

PS: I am not sure this is the right list for this kind of question, but
that's what I infered from the web page. Let me know if I am wrong.

* Re: Error messages explanations?
@ 2001-01-23 17:02 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-01-23 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rodrigo de Salvo Braz; +Cc: gcc

On Jan 22, 2001, Rodrigo de Salvo Braz <braz@students.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Does anybody know where I can find gcc's error messages explanations?

The ultimate reference is the source code.  Close to an error message,
you'll generally find comments that might help explaining why GCC
considers the situation an error.  I don't think you'll find anything
other than that.