* gcc on m88k
@ 1999-12-23  2:20 Ulf Bartelt
From: Ulf Bartelt @ 1999-12-23  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi!

Are there tips on the net on how to compile the current gcc on motorola
m88k systems?

Thanks in advance,

	Ulf.

* Re: gcc on m88k
@ 1999-12-23  8:15 ` Brian Ford
From: Brian Ford @ 1999-12-23  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulf Bartelt; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Ulf Bartelt wrote:

> Are there tips on the net on how to compile the current gcc on motorola
> m88k systems?

elf or coff?
m88k-motorola-sysv4 or m88k-motorola-sysv3 (delta I think)?

I have bootstrapped egcs-1.1.2 (2.91.66) on m88k-motorola-sysv4 using
gcc 2.6.2 with only one minor modification.  You have to remove the second
argument to gettimeofday in gcc/tree.c and libiberty/mkstemps.c or edit
gcc/auto-host and libiberty/config.h to undef HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY after the
configure.  Either one will work.  I think I used --enable-haifa for this
build.

gcc-2.95.2, however, has an ICE building stage two with or without
--enable-haifa in gen_add2_insn.  I have submitted a bug report for this,
but no one has had time to look into it yet, and neither have I.

I'm afraid that egcs-1.1.2 may be as good as it gets on
m88k-motorola-sysv4 for now.  That is still worlds better than the 2.6.2
that ships with it.  As for sysv3 and coff, that is completely different
and I don't know its bootstrap state.

Cheers.

--
Brian Ford