* gcc-announce and our News/Announcements
@ 1999-11-03 16:03 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 1999-11-03 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I would like to suggest to use the gcc-announce mailing list not only for
announcing new GCC releases, but also for spreading the News/Announcements
we have on our web pages.

A digest every two months or so, some six announcements per year; traffic
should not be an issue for our subscribers.

I believe this will help us in getting additional testers and also
provides interesting and useful information to our users.

And yes, I am willing to handle these announcements, which essentially
means reformating the News/Announcements we already have on the web
(unless Jeff, for example, prefers to do that by himself).

Gerald

* gcc-announce and our News/Announcements
@ 1999-11-30 23:37 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 1999-11-30 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I would like to suggest to use the gcc-announce mailing list not only for
announcing new GCC releases, but also for spreading the News/Announcements
we have on our web pages.

A digest every two months or so, some six announcements per year; traffic
should not be an issue for our subscribers.

I believe this will help us in getting additional testers and also
provides interesting and useful information to our users.

And yes, I am willing to handle these announcements, which essentially
means reformating the News/Announcements we already have on the web
(unless Jeff, for example, prefers to do that by himself).

Gerald

* Re: gcc-announce and our News/Announcements
@ 2000-01-10 11:36 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-01-10 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Okay, I never got any response to this. Does this mean you like to
idea or that you don't like the idea?

A digest per quarter would be my current favorite...

Gerald

@ 2000-01-10 15:26   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-01-10 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gcc

  In message < Pine.GSO.4.21.0001102035020.17891-100000@nunki.dbai.tuwien.ac.at >
you write:
  > Okay, I never got any response to this. Does this mean you like to
  > idea or that you don't like the idea?
  >
  > A digest per quarter would be my current favorite...
IMHO, this would be great.

jeff