* saving tree structure
@ 2002-08-21 13:52 Kyung-suk Lhee
From: Kyung-suk Lhee @ 2002-08-21 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

hi,
I'm trying to save the tree (AST) to a file so
that I can compile it later. I need to do this
to perform interprocedural analysis before producing
an executable. I'm wondering if this would be
doable, or if anybody did a similar work on gcc.

I don't have much idea of how to do this now. I think
I would have to augment dump_node() in tree-dump.c to
save global variables if any. assuming this would work,
then I hope that it would be enough to just call
finish_function() multiple times on the saved tree nodes,
to finish up the rest of the compilation steps. well, I
haven't really tried it yet, so I may be speaking nonsense.
anyways, I'll appreciate for any comment.
thanks,
kyung-suk Lhee
klhee@syr.edu

* Re: saving tree structure
@ 2002-08-21 18:19 ` Devang Patel
From: Devang Patel @ 2002-08-21 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyung-suk Lhee; +Cc: gcc

On Wednesday, August 21, 2002, at 01:52  PM, Kyung-suk Lhee wrote:

* Re: saving tree structure
@ 2002-08-22 10:18   ` Kyung-suk Lhee
From: Kyung-suk Lhee @ 2002-08-22 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Devang Patel; +Cc: gcc

I downloaded the gcc3 and now reading
the src files. it may be exactly what I was looking
for ... I was considering SUIF too, which could be
easier for my case, but modifying gcc is so tempting
(even though I'm not that good programmer) since gcc
is so dependable and would let me easily compile many
programs.
thanks,
kyung-suk