* make dist (?) and changing version numbers
@ 2001-09-24  3:04 David Vrabel
From: David Vrabel @ 2001-09-24  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

How can I change the version number (from 3.0 to 3.0-xzzyx)?  I looked in
configure.in and Makefile.in but neither seemed to have it.

How do I build a bunch of source tarballs for distribution? make dist
doesn't work an says "Check out the etc/ subdirectory".  I tried
	cvs co etc
didn't work
	cvs co gcc/etc
worked but the etc/ was empty.

Ideally I want the multi-tarball distribution (gcc-code, gcc-c++,
gcc-java...).

David Vrabel