* found a compiler bug
@ 1997-09-16 18:54 Joel Boring
From: Joel Boring @ 1997-09-16 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

While compiling the file ar.c in gnu make-3.76.  Compiles fine without
inlines, but breaks with inlines.  The attached files are "ar.c" and "errors",
errors is gcc run as gcc -v without -pipe turned on.  Sorry about the wrapping
here, output is not wrapped in the "errors" file ;)

/<1>src/make-3.76 (ttypc) dwild@argo# gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. \
-I./glob -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib\" -DINCLUDEDIR=\"/usr/include\" -O6 \
-mpentium -pipe -c ar.c
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
/<1>src/make-3.76 (ttypc) dwild@argo# gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. \
-I./glob -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib\" -DINCLUDEDIR=\"/usr/include\" -O6 \
-mpentium -fno-inline -pipe -c ar.c
/<1>src/make-3.76 (ttypc) dwild@argo#

--
Joel Boring (aka Derek Wildstar)                          Eskimo North
dwild@eskimo.com, DWildstar@IRC                            Seattle, WA

* Re: found a compiler bug
@ 1997-09-18 17:43 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 1997-09-18 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Boring; +Cc: egcs

I can not compile the code that you included, because I do not have any of
the header files that it neeeds.  Since I can not compile the code, I can
not investigate the compiler bug.

Please rerun gcc with the --save-temps option, and then submit a new bug
report including the ar.i file instead of the ar.c file.

Jim

* Re: found a compiler bug
@ 1997-09-19  0:31   ` Joel Boring
From: Joel Boring @ 1997-09-19  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Wilson; +Cc: egcs

It's fixed in the latest 0917 snapshot.  Sorry about that, didn't occur to me
that it would have header files for some reason, no idea why =/