* gpc
@ 1998-04-14 21:36 Shane Wegner
From: Shane Wegner @ 1998-04-14 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

* Re: gpc
@ 1998-04-15  9:32 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-04-15  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shane Wegner; +Cc: egcs

  In message < Pine.LNX.3.96.980414205304.32258A-100000@continuum.eu.org >you wri
  > Does the gpc (gnu pascal compiler) work with egcs?  Does anyone have any
  > information or is this compiler even being developed anymore?
I don't think it works.  Or at least I'm not aware of anyone trying.

We've made some changes to the front-end interfaces, so odds are it
won't "just work".

I tried to contact some of the gpc folks several months ago about
collaborating with egcs, but never got a response.
jeff

* Re: gpc
@ 1998-04-15 11:37 ` Peter Gerwinski
From: Peter Gerwinski @ 1998-04-15 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shane Wegner; +Cc: egcs, gpc

According to Shane Wegner:

> Does the gpc (gnu pascal compiler) work with egcs?  Does anyone have any
> information or is this compiler even being developed anymore?

Current (alpha) versions of GPC are known to work with GCC 2.8.0.
Using them with EGCS will probably require some patching, but
should be an affordable effort.

See ftp://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/gnu-pascal/alpha/ for
an up-to-date version of GPC; see http://home.pages.de/~GNU-Pascal/
for more information about GPC.

    Peter

--