* Re: TNT 0.82 examples don't compile!
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.3.96.980625165830.10599A-100000@garuda.aero.iitm.ernet.in>
@ 1998-06-25 18:53 ` Red Hat Linux User
From: Red Hat Linux User @ 1998-06-25 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: prabhu; +Cc: egcs

> Hi!
> 	I just obtained the TNT (Template Numerical Toolkit) version 0.8.2
> I didn't try the 0.9 version because it needed namespaces. When I compiled
> one of the example programs with gcc-2.7.2.3 it worked fine but when I
> used the egcs-1.0.3a release. I got the following errors. I tried to
> compile it with the -fguiding-decls but it failed then as well. I would
> like to know if this is a bug and what can I do about it. TNT is available
> at http://math.nist.gov/tnt
>
> 	I really don't know what's going on - could it be that the TNT
> code is a little broken and that gcc-2.7 is lenient while egcs is strict
> on the c++ that it sees? Would really appreciate if someone helped me!
> Here are the error messages that eg++ threw up!

  The 0.8.2 version of TNT isn't up to the current C++ standards. It
  worked on GCC 2.7.2 because that compiler is out of date, too.

  I make some patches to make TNT work with a "current" compiler
  (i.e. egcs or gcc 2.8) and sent them into Dr. Pozo quite a while
  back; I can probably regenerate them if you really need them.

  BTW I think there was a 0.8.5 version that you probably want.

  I've been using TNT successfully for quite a while now - email me if
  you have problems.

Dave Steffen                      Wave after wave will flow with the tide
Dept. of Physics                    And bury the world as it does
Colorado State University         Tide after tide will flow and recede
steffend@lamar.colostate.edu        Leaving life to go on as it was...
							- Peart / RUSH
"The reason that our people suffer in this way....
is that our ancestors failed to rule wisely".   -General Choi, Hong Hi

* Re: TNT 0.82 examples don't compile!
@ 1998-06-25 23:46   ` Kaz Kylheku
From: Kaz Kylheku @ 1998-06-25 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Red Hat Linux User; +Cc: prabhu, egcs

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Red Hat Linux User wrote:

> > Hi!

Dear ``Red Hat Linux User'',

please use the ``chfn'' command to give yourself a plausible name.

:))))

* Re: TNT 0.82 examples don't compile!
@ 1998-06-26  9:06     ` Dave Steffen
From: Dave Steffen @ 1998-06-26  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaz Kylheku; +Cc: egcs

> On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Red Hat Linux User wrote:
>

> > > Hi!
>
> Dear ``Red Hat Linux User'',
>
> please use the ``chfn'' command to give yourself a plausible name.
>
> :))))

  Whoops. I guess my new Linux number cruncher isn't quite ready for
  the big time. ;-)

@ 1998-06-26 13:03     ` Jeremy T. Bouse
From: Jeremy T. Bouse @ 1998-06-26 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaz Kylheku; +Cc: Red Hat Linux User, prabhu, egcs