* Who is "--mew" (comments in manual from 1993)?
@ 2001-11-01  2:50 Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2001-11-01  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

The GCC manual contains various cryptic comments from "--mew", dating from
around 1993.  Who is this person?  I'd like to contact them for
interpretation of the comments so that those representing things to do can
move to the projects page and those representing how people should
maintain the manual or Texinfo pitfalls can move the
codingconventions.html.

(At the relevant time, manual changes didn't go in the ChangeLog and the
.texi files weren't in the GCC2 CVS.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk

* Re: Who is "--mew" (comments in manual from 1993)?
@ 2001-11-01  7:06 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-11-01  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph S. Myers; +Cc: gcc

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> The GCC manual contains various cryptic comments from "--mew", dating
> from around 1993.  Who is this person?

I checked on the GNU machines and there is not account "mew". However,
there is a mail forward from "mew" to "melissa" alias "Melissa Weisshaus".

If that doesn't work, I suggest to contact Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>;
he might know.

Gerald