* 'info' make target fails
@ 2002-12-19 11:31 Joern Rennecke
From: Joern Rennecke @ 2002-12-19 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

When I do 'make info' at the toplevel, I get errors for the curly
braces inside @math directives in invoke.texi.  If I replaces
these curly braces with parentheses, the make command succeeds,
but I still can't find any generated *.info files.

--
--------------------------
SuperH (UK) Ltd.

* Re: 'info' make target fails
@ 2002-12-19 13:03 ` Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2002-12-19 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joern Rennecke; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Joern Rennecke wrote:

> When I do 'make info' at the toplevel, I get errors for the curly
> braces inside @math directives in invoke.texi.  If I replaces
> these curly braces with parentheses, the make command succeeds,
> but I still can't find any generated *.info files.

You have too old a makeinfo version installed; using "make info" directly
bypasses the configure checks that stop this causing a problem in "make
bootstrap".  You need at least makeinfo 4.1, and within the next week I'll
be posting a proposal to increase the requirement (at least on mainline)
to 4.2 so the @copying feature can be used (see the Texinfo 4.2 release
notes); the latest release is 4.3.

--
Joseph S. Myers