From: Gcc k6 testing account <caligula@cam029208.student.utwente.nl>
To: Manfred Hollstein <manfred.h@gmx.net>
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Results for 3.3 20020814 (experimental) testsuite oni586-redhat-linux-gnu
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 13:45:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Manfred Hollstein wrote:

> Gcc k6 testing account wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> > [...]
> >>>

> >>You explicitly enabled java, however, I don't see any testresults.
> >>Did your build fail for libjava?
> >>
> >>TIA, cheers.
> >>
> >>l8er
> >>manfred
> >>

> > Ave Manfred.
> >
> > The testresults-mail you saw is generated by a script that does a make
> > bootstrap and if the bootstrap is succesfull does a make -k check  and
> > then sends the testresults. So at least the bootstrap is succesfull.
>
> Does your script exit if the bootstrap fails? IIRC, libjava is
> built as the final step of make bootstrap, so it might well be, that
> bootstrap *is* actually failing. FWIW, I didn't see any libjava
> related results in your posting from 20020815 either.
>
> Cheers.
>
> l8er
> manfred

My script exits if the bootstrap fails.
You can see it at cam029208.student.utwente.nl/~caligula/
the bootstrap script is bootstrap_en_test_var.sh.

I installed the last bootstrapped HEAD compiler and it installs libgcj!
But on the gcc list there's a discussion going on about failing java test
on more architectures. There's also  some discussion about patches so I
think the failing libjava tests are not specific for k6.
If the problem continues for let's say two weeks,I'm gonnna bootstrap a
i586 and k6 compiler from the same sources and see if there any difference
in testresults.

Greetinx Martijn Uffing