* Opening archive files
@ 2002-10-30 12:19 Satya
From: Satya @ 2002-10-30 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
  I want to read the symbols from an archive (.a) file. I tried to use
dlopen, it works fine for a .so file, but fails to recognize the format of
an archive file. Can anyone tell me how to do this.

Thanks,
Satya

* Re: Opening archive files
@ 2002-10-31 13:52 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2002-10-31 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Satya; +Cc: gcc

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 03:44 PM, Satya wrote:
>   I want to read the symbols from an archive (.a) file. I tried to use
> dlopen, it works fine for a .so file, but fails to recognize the
> format of
> an archive file. Can anyone tell me how to do this.

Wrong list.  Compilers don't do anything with binary files, like .a
files.  :-)  You can try the binutils list, certainly that software can
read .a files.

* Re: Opening archive files
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.44.0210291743180.10250-100000@scooter.ittc.ku.e du>
@ 2002-10-30 14:09 ` Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci
From: Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci @ 2002-10-30 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Satya; +Cc: gcc

At 17.44 29/10/2002 -0600, Satya wrote:
>Hi,
>   I want to read the symbols from an archive (.a) file. I tried to use
>dlopen, it works fine for a .so file, but fails to recognize the format of
>an archive file. Can anyone tell me how to do this.

maybe "ar", "nm" or "ranlib" ? I don't know/remember...