* gcc -de and -dW not working
@ 2002-12-15  9:38 J. Grant
From: J. Grant @ 2002-12-15  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-bugs

Hello,

The "-de" gcc argument does not create a .ssa file or any other
file; I tested with a simple test program "gcc -de -Wall -o main main.c".

(tested with gcc version 3.2 Mandrake Linux 9.0 3.2-1mdk)

Could someone test/confirm please? I have attatched my test
program. -gW does not seem to work either, -dr does work however. I
thought this might be because I had to enable the modes -fssa and
-fssa-ccp respectivly; (even though there was no warning) but this made
no difference, no output files were created.

Regards

JG

please cc me in any replies

[-- Attachment #2: main.c --]
[-- Type: image/x-xbitmap, Size: 658 bytes --]

* Re: gcc -de and -dW not working
@ 2002-12-15 13:32 ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2002-12-15 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Grant; +Cc: gcc, gcc-bugs

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, J. Grant wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The "-de" gcc argument does not create a .ssa file or any other
> file; I tested with a simple test program "gcc -de -Wall -o main main.c".

ssa is not enabled by default.

Try gcc -de -Wall -O2 -fssa -o main main.c
(-O2 is required for enabling ssa to do anything, IIRC)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: IMAGE/X-XBITMAP, Size: 658 bytes --]

* Re: gcc -de and -dW not working
@ 2002-12-15 16:12   ` J. Grant
From: J. Grant @ 2002-12-15 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: gcc, gcc-bugs

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the reply.

I now see the output I was expecting, I think if I pass -de and -02 (or
anything else it requires like -fssa) a warning that nothing will happen
should be printed to stderr about the args I passed.  Do you agree?

Could anyone tell me if there is a bug db online for gcc similar to
bugzilla?

Regards

JG

please cc me in any replies