* Bugzilla: WAITING and ASSIGNED
@ 2003-05-26 23:41 Christian Ehrhardt
From: Christian Ehrhardt @ 2003-05-26 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I noticed a small issue with bugzilla. It would be nice if
this could be changed but I realize that this might be difficult:

Changing the bug state from ASSIGNED to WAITING should not change
the assignee status. It makes a lot of sense for a bug to be assigned
to someone and be in WAITING state. Maybe we should make WAITING a flag.
Alternatively bugzilla could remember the assignee at an ASSIGNED->WAITING
state change and offer this person as the default instead of
unassigned@gcc.gnu.org.

   regards  Christian

--
THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

* Re: Bugzilla: WAITING and ASSIGNED
@ 2003-05-26 23:47 ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2003-05-26 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Ehrhardt; +Cc: gcc

On Monday, May 26, 2003, at 06:33  PM, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed a small issue with bugzilla. It would be nice if
> this could be changed but I realize that this might be difficult:
>
> Changing the bug state from ASSIGNED to WAITING should not change
> the assignee status.
It shouldn't, AFAIK
Do you have an example?

* Re: Bugzilla: WAITING and ASSIGNED
@ 2003-05-27  9:07   ` Christian Ehrhardt
From: Christian Ehrhardt @ 2003-05-27  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 07:41:00PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> >I noticed a small issue with bugzilla. It would be nice if
> >this could be changed but I realize that this might be difficult:
> >
> >Changing the bug state from ASSIGNED to WAITING should not change
> >the assignee status.
> It shouldn't, AFAIK
> Do you have an example?

I'm not 100% sure but all the bit field bugs like e.g. PR 9620 were
once assigned to Neil. Then Dara asked for feedback for PR 9620 changing
the state to WAITING.
Feedback was received and I reconfirmed the bug. However, the
only way to assign this bug back to Neil as far as I can tell
would have been to
* know that it previously was assigned to Neil  and
* type in Neil's Account by hand.

I'd like to see an ``assign to previous owner'' button for bugs in
feedback state. Am I missing something?

     regards  Christian

--

@ 2003-05-27 13:02     ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2003-05-27 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Ehrhardt; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:

> On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 07:41:00PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> > >I noticed a small issue with bugzilla. It would be nice if
> > >this could be changed but I realize that this might be difficult:
> > >
> > >Changing the bug state from ASSIGNED to WAITING should not change
> > >the assignee status.
> > It shouldn't, AFAIK
> > Do you have an example?
>
> I'm not 100% sure but all the bit field bugs like e.g. PR 9620 were
> once assigned to Neil. Then Dara asked for feedback for PR 9620 changing
> the state to WAITING.
> Feedback was received and I reconfirmed the bug. However, the
> only way to assign this bug back to Neil as far as I can tell
> would have been to
> * know that it previously was assigned to Neil  and
> * type in Neil's Account by hand.

I'll try it out by hand, but the information shouldn't disappear from the
db (IE changing to WAITING shouldn't zero out the assigned_to field, even
if it's not visible).