* Regenerating gcc.pot
@ 2004-01-17  4:02 Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2004-01-17  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I've tried to regenerate gcc.pot on the 3.4 branch, but I've failed.

In the gcc/Makefile, XGETTEXT is defined to ":".

What do I need to have installed where to get autoconf to DTRT?

Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com

* Re: Regenerating gcc.pot
@ 2004-01-17 11:20 ` Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2004-01-17 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> I've tried to regenerate gcc.pot on the 3.4 branch, but I've failed.
>
> In the gcc/Makefile, XGETTEXT is defined to ":".
>
> What do I need to have installed where to get autoconf to DTRT?

You need gettext version 0.12 or later, as documented in install.texi, to
support the --msgid-bugs-address option (and the configure macros in the
intl directory check for this).  But the regeneration should wait until
bug 13485 has been fixed, to avoid translations of messages in generated
files being lost when translators update to the 3.4 .pot.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm@polyomino.org.uk