* Wiki moved to gcc.gnu.org
@ 2005-01-24 17:07 Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2005-01-24 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

The gcc wiki has been moved from http://www.dberlin.org/gccwiki to
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki

The old url will redirect to the new one.

* Re: Wiki moved to gcc.gnu.org
@ 2005-01-24 17:27 ` Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2005-01-24 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: gcc

Daniel Berlin wrote:

> The gcc wiki has been moved from http://www.dberlin.org/gccwiki to
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki

Thanks Daniel, nice!

But where it's linked *from* in the gcc pages? Not having followed in
detail the movement I cannot find it easily... Maybe someone else is
experiencing the same difficulty?!?

Paolo.

* Re: Wiki moved to gcc.gnu.org
@ 2005-01-24 17:29   ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2005-01-24 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Carlini; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Paolo Carlini wrote:

> Daniel Berlin wrote:
>
>> The gcc wiki has been moved from http://www.dberlin.org/gccwiki to
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki
>
> Thanks Daniel, nice!
>
> But where it's linked *from* in the gcc pages? Not having followed in detail
> the movement I cannot find it easily... Maybe someone else is experiencing
> the same difficulty?!?

I haven't linked it yet in the small hope that we still may be able to get
pretty urls working.
:)

* Re: Wiki moved to gcc.gnu.org
@ 2005-01-24 17:40     ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2005-01-24 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: Paolo Carlini, gcc

Daniel Berlin wrote:
> I haven't linked it yet in the small hope that we still may be able to get
> pretty urls working.

Are you saying you want to delay making a link from the main page to the
wiki?

* Re: Wiki moved to gcc.gnu.org
@ 2005-01-24 17:43       ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2005-01-24 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Buck; +Cc: Paolo Carlini, gcc

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Joe Buck wrote:

> Daniel Berlin wrote:
>> The gcc wiki has been moved from http://www.dberlin.org/gccwiki to
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki
>
> Paolo Carlini wrote:
>> Thanks Daniel, nice!
>> But where it's linked *from* in the gcc pages? Not having followed in detail
>> the movement I cannot find it easily... Maybe someone else is experiencing
>> the same difficulty?!?
>
> Daniel Berlin wrote:
>> I haven't linked it yet in the small hope that we still may be able to get
>> pretty urls working.
>
> Are you saying you want to delay making a link from the main page to the
> wiki?
Yes.
See the ongoing discussion on overseers about fun with the version of
mod_php installed.
I just found some newer rhel3 php rpms that may fix the problem, and we'll
see if people onoverseers would like to try them, or just live with unpretty
urls.
:)

Either way, it shouldn't be more than a week.

* Re: Wiki moved to gcc.gnu.org
@ 2005-01-24 18:29         ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2005-01-24 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: Paolo Carlini, gcc

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 12:29:21PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> Yes.
> See the ongoing discussion on overseers about fun with the version of
> mod_php installed.
> I just found some newer rhel3 php rpms that may fix the problem, and we'll
> see if people onoverseers would like to try them, or just live with unpretty
> urls.

I suggest adding a warning to the top page (gcc.gnu.org/wiki) warning
people against making deep links since the URLs will change.

* Re: Wiki moved to gcc.gnu.org
@ 2005-01-24 19:11           ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2005-01-24 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Buck; +Cc: Paolo Carlini, gcc

> I suggest adding a warning to the top page (gcc.gnu.org/wiki) warning
> people against making deep links since the URLs will change.

Too late.
Chris Faylor installed the RPMS, and now the paths work as expected (IE
it's gcc.gnu.org/wiki/pagename

* Re: Wiki moved to gcc.gnu.org
@ 2005-01-24 19:48           ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2005-01-24 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Buck; +Cc: Paolo Carlini, gcc

>> I just found some newer rhel3 php rpms that may fix the problem, and we'll
>> see if people onoverseers would like to try them, or just live with unpretty
>> urls.
>
> I suggest adding a warning to the top page (gcc.gnu.org/wiki) warning
> people against making deep links since the URLs will change.

And we can now add a link from the homepage, since pretty urls are
working.
Note that even if someone had, in the past day or so, made links to the
urls, they would still work.
IE The non-pretty urls (eg http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki?pagename=whatever) will
still always work, they just aren't pretty.
The pretty urls are just a bit of apache magic that pass the extra path
info along to the script