From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com>
To: Arnaud Charlet <charlet@adacore.com>
Cc: Rafael Espindola <espindola@google.com>,
	     Basile STARYNKEVITCH <basile@starynkevitch.net>,
	Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com>
Subject: Re: plugin issues to fix (or document) before 4.5 release
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 21:03:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Arnaud Charlet wrote:

> > Are rpaths as portable as shared libraries or do we support a host
> > architecture that has shared libraries but no equivalent to rpath?
>
> Windows (mingw) comes to mind at least.

If the hypothetical libiberty.dll were only used by cc1 etc. (not by the
driver), putting it in the same directory as cc1, libexecsubdir, where
Windows would expect to find it, should work to allow separate copies for
each GCC install.  Though I prefer the --whole-archive approach (with a
fallback of adding references to libiberty symbols or extracting the .o
files if we wish to support plugins on hosts without --whole-archive or
equivalent).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com