* Cross compiler
@ 2005-06-24  9:42 Eric Liu
From: Eric Liu @ 2005-06-24  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ~GCC

Hi, all:

I need a gcc cross compiler under Cygwin. Is there any step-by-step document
on how to make the cross compiler? Any help would be appriciated  very much!

Thanks and regards
Eric

* Re: Cross compiler
@ 2005-06-24 10:10 ` Ranjit Mathew
From: Ranjit Mathew @ 2005-06-24 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Liu; +Cc: GCC

Eric Liu wrote:

> I need a gcc cross compiler under Cygwin. Is there any step-by-step document
> on how to make the cross compiler? Any help would be appriciated  very much!

See:

  http://billgatliff.com/~bgat/twiki/bin/view/Crossgcc
  http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Cross%20Compiler
  http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Building%20Cross%20Toolchains%20with%20gcc

HTH,
Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/

* RE: Cross compiler
@ 2005-06-24 10:16   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-06-24 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
>> I need a gcc cross compiler under Cygwin. Is there any step-by-step
>> document on how to make the cross compiler? Any help would be
>> appriciated  very much!
>
> See:
>
>   http://billgatliff.com/~bgat/twiki/bin/view/Crossgcc
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Cross%20Compiler
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Building%20Cross%20Toolchains%20with%20gcc
>
> HTH,
> Ranjit.

And don't forget http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Cross compiler
@ 1999-08-31 23:20 ` Aziz Shammas
From: Aziz Shammas @ 1999-08-31 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi

I'm student from sweden and I loaded  "GCC 2.95, gzip format, 12.3Meg."
and I tried to build it  but I never success.

I tryied for three weeks ago and I had no chance to install it. I red
almost manual about how to do but it isn't work.
Do you have already builded cross compiler Sparc5 as HOST and PowerPC as
target??

Do you know some one who tryied to install a cross compiler and
sucessed?. Because it is very difficult to do it.

I need a step by step manual which is tested before by some.

I need any help you can offer to complite my Examination work.

Thank you very much

Aziz

* Cross compiler
@ 1999-08-06  7:09 Aziz Shammas
From: Aziz Shammas @ 1999-08-06  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi

I'm student from sweden and I loaded  "GCC 2.95, gzip format, 12.3Meg."
and I tried to build it  but I never success.

I tryied for three weeks ago and I had no chance to install it. I red
almost manual about how to do but it isn't work.
Do you have already builded cross compiler Sparc5 as HOST and PowerPC as
target??

Do you know some one who tryied to install a cross compiler and
sucessed?. Because it is very difficult to do it.

I need a step by step manual which is tested before by some.

I need any help you can offer to complite my Examination work.

Thank you very much

Aziz

* Re: cross compiler
@ 1998-02-13 17:41     ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 1998-02-13 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H.J. Lu; +Cc: law, tudor, egcs

On Fri, Feb 13, 1998 at 07:57:33AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> I tried a few months ago. It didn't work since the alpha backend
> assumed too much about 64 bit host. I am not sure it has changed.

Several of these problems have been fixed, since NT is 32-bit
on Alpha, and I've had an actual user providing feedback. :-)

r~

* Re: cross compiler
@ 1998-02-13 10:31   ` H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 1998-02-13 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: tudor, egcs

>   In message < 199802121721.MAA17816@hal2.dyn.ml.org >you write:
>   > Is it possible to compile egcs on Linux/x86 as a cross compiler for
>   > the OSF4.0/Alpha?  I remember reading in the gcc docs a while ago that
>   > it wasn't possible (or very hard to do!?) due to 32bit/64bit issues.
> It ought to work.  For the most part the code should handle the 32/64
> bit issues fine.  I regularly build cross compilers for 64bit mips targets
> for example.

I tried a few months ago. It didn't work since the alpha backend
assumed too much about 64 bit host. I am not sure it has changed.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)

* Re: cross compiler
@ 1998-02-13 10:31     ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-02-13 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H.J. Lu; +Cc: tudor, egcs

  In message < m0y3NUb-0004eeC@ocean.lucon.org >you write:
  > > bit issues fine.  I regularly build cross compilers for 64bit mips target
  > > for example.
  > >

  > I tried a few months ago. It didn't work since the alpha backend
  > assumed too much about 64 bit host. I am not sure it has changed.
Ah, yes, if the backend has such assumptions, then it's not going
to work.

Maybe I should have said the machine independent code is capable of
32x64 cross compiles.

Thanks for clarifying things.

jeff

* Re: cross compiler
@ 1998-02-13  2:04 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-02-13  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tudor Hulubei; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 199802121721.MAA17816@hal2.dyn.ml.org >you write:
  > Is it possible to compile egcs on Linux/x86 as a cross compiler for
  > the OSF4.0/Alpha?  I remember reading in the gcc docs a while ago that
  > it wasn't possible (or very hard to do!?) due to 32bit/64bit issues.
It ought to work.  For the most part the code should handle the 32/64
bit issues fine.  I regularly build cross compilers for 64bit mips targets
for example.

jeff

* cross compiler
@ 1998-02-12 20:07 Tudor Hulubei
From: Tudor Hulubei @ 1998-02-12 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi,

Is it possible to compile egcs on Linux/x86 as a cross compiler for
the OSF4.0/Alpha?  I remember reading in the gcc docs a while ago that
it wasn't possible (or very hard to do!?) due to 32bit/64bit issues.

Thanks,
Tudor